Five Forks is a gated subdevelopment in the Martin’s Creek community nestled in the mountains of Murphy, North Carolina. It is largely respected as one of the finer and better done cabin and chalet developments in Cherokee County. It is complete with a gated entrance that closes at dusk, paved roads, underground utilities, community water system, and spectacular long range views. In fact, you can overlook the mountains of North Carolina and Georgia and even see Lake Nottley in the distance. See the picture below to get an idea of what it’s like on the top of the mountain – and the picture doesn’t even do it justice. Five Forks has a great location and is very close to Bellview. Not only is it quick access to Murphy, it is equally easy to go to Blairsville, GA. It is just off of 19/129 on Moccasin Creek Road. Click Here to see a Google Map of Five Forks’ Location and more.
The paved roads are a huge asset. With double lane, paved roads coming into Five Forks, it makes travel a breeze. Much of the other developments in the area lack wide roads and can cause issues when two vehicles approach at the same time. Jonathan Wells (of Wells Contracting) built the initial phase of roads, Chris Dockery, and Bill Cook are the men largely responsible for putting in the road system. As you come in the entrance, you cross a large tract of land and a good thing for the community is that Five Forks owns the road coming in – it doesn’t just have an easement like many do.
It contains 129 lots ranging from less than an acre to over five acres.
For those who enjoy the outdoors, Five Forks is laced with walking trails and a road system that is perfect for getting out and taking a stroll by yourself, with friends, family, or pets. It even has an outdoor picnic facility complete with a restroom.
Homes in Five Forks
Five Forks is well known as a chalet and cabin type community. All of the homes there have earth tone colors and are designed to make you feel like you’re “in the woods” while not secluded and by yourself. Homes in Five Forks start in the 100’s and go to the highest real estate transaction on record at $449,000 (as of this writing).
Interesting Facts on Five Forks
- Five Forks has a tract 11.63+/- acre tract right in the middle of it that’s not part of Five Forks. It cannot be accessed through the Five Forks entrance, but rather must use Grape Thicket Road and come in through a side entrance.
- The lots on the Northwestern side of Five Forks (which used to be part of tracts that were part of Grape Thicket) have a secondary right-of-way to come in through Grape Thicket Road. Although this is not as desireable an entrance, it is useable. The large parcel in the middle of Five Forks only has right-of-way through Grape Thicket and cannot use Five Forks’ main entrance.
- The success of Five Forks is largely contributed to impeccable market timing, great paved roads, competetive pricing, good design, and huge, long range mountain views. Original prices started out around $25,000 and up.
- Many of the homes built in Five Forks were built by Chris Twiggs, Mark Thorsen, John Ritz, and Ray Newcomb.
Need to sell your property in Five Forks?
Call or email us! It’s a toll-free call at 1-866-687-7496 or email at JohnPoltrock@gmail.com . You’ll recieve a FREE copy of our Seller’s Guide and a market analysis to find out what your property is worth in today’s market!
Want to buy property in Five Forks?
Call or email us! It’s a toll-free call at 1-866-687-7496 or email at JohnPoltrock@gmail.com . We’ll immediately send you a list of all the properties in Five Forks so you can see what is available. We can also notify you the instant new real estate comes available – all for FREE!
Downloadable Documents on Five Forks
- Download the Covenants and Restrictions for Five Forks Development in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 1-22 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 22-34 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 35-46 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 48-54 and 59-62 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 65-83 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey for lots 84-88 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey of lots 89-112 in Five Forks in Murphy NC
- Download the full survey of lots 1-9 North in Five Forks in Murphy NC
John Poltrock, Certified Residential Specialist – www.MyMurphy.com – JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call us Toll Free at 1-866-687-7496 for Murphy’s #1 Real Estate Team!