The US Forest Service accounts for a tremendous portion of Cherokee County’s landmass. According to the Cherokee County Mapping Department, the forest service operates a whoping 93,169.87 acres of public land in our county alone.
Having so much Forest Service, which is commonly known as the Nantahala Forest, is a huge asset to Murphy. Here are only a few resources available as a direct result of the Forest Service:
- Free boat launches for your use on Lake Hiwassee (which is almost entirely surrounded by Forest Service)
- Great picnic area at Cherokee Lake
- Tellico Plains off-road riding for Jeeps, ATVs, and more
- Camping areas all over – and a fully equipped Campground in Hanging Dog in Murphy NC
- Real Estate (both homes and land) with a USFS Boundary. Wouldn’t it be nice to have part of a 93,169.87 acre back yard? Email me now to find out what real estate is available with a Forest Service Boundary.
- Horseback Riding
Another advantage is so much Forest Service will limit growth within Cherokee County. With roughly 1/3 of the county being public land, much of it cannot be built on. This will keep much of the natural beauty Murphy has very much alive and intact. It doesn’t take long to figure out why Murphy is still to this day referred to as “God’s Country.”
John Poltrock, Murphy NC Realtor – Certified Residential Specialist – www.MyMurphy.com – JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call Toll-Free 1-866-687-7496 Today and demand The POLTROCK TEAM!