So far this year, we have been in the seasonal slow-down that affects our market mostly in January, February, March, and the beginning of April. With that said, sales traditionally drop to half or less of what the normal season is.
This year is no different than any other. The sales in all of Cherokee County (including Murphy, Andrews, Ranger, Hiwassee Dam, Hanging Dog, Marble, and other communities in Cherokee) have taken a toll, but have seen a 31% increase since the beginning of January – not bad when it’s 31 degrees outside today!
Here are some market numbers that you would want to know. If you have any questions as to the meaning of these numbers, please feel free to ask.
- These numbers are over the past month
- 21 Homes have closed
- $60,000 – Lowest residential sale
- $155,000 – Average residential sale
- 245,000 – Highest residential sale
- 90.15% – Average list to sell ratio
- 203 – Average days on the market
- These number are averaged out over the past 4 months to show a "trailing" average
- 26.5 Homes have closed
- $187,020 – Average Residential Sale
- 93.28% – Average list to sell ratio
- 219 – Average days on market
- These numbers are for land over the past month – this includes everything from lots to large acreage
- 21 Land tracts have closed
- $74,805 – Average land sale
- 79.9% Average list to sale ratio
- 213 – Average days on market
These numbers will become more and more useful – especially when they are reviewed from a quarterly and greater basis.
How does this relate to you, your property, and your plans? Ask! Tell us your situation and we will be happy to translate these raw numbers to what they will mean in your particular situation. Then when you’re ready, list with the best and you’ll sell before the rest!
John and Jessica Poltrock – The POLTROCK TEAM at RE/MAX of Murphy NC – Real Estate in the mountains of Murphy, NC – www.MyMurphy.com – JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call (877) 837-3002 and demand the POLTROCK TEAM!