Happy (upcoming) Memorial Day! We certainly thank God and everyone who is a veteran and have supported our great country. Be certain to thank them and their families this Memorial Day as they have sacrificed as much, and in some cases more, than our soldiers have. Our country is full of heroes, and even though we are still in a struggling economy, we need to thank those heroes. We live in the greatest nation in the world, and they are the ones who have made it that way.
Real estate has been extremely busy here in Murphy NC. All of us at RE/MAX feel a surge, and I must admit that because of that, I am a bit disappointed in the numbers for the past two weeks. I am surprised to find only 13 properties have closed in the past two weeks. Based on the folks I have spoken with, I suspect our next update will be much higher. There are a lot of homes and land pending that is scheduled to close at the end of the month.You must be a subscriber of The POLTROCK TEAM’s Bi-Weekly Real Estate Update to get the Link to the sold properties for the past 14 Days. See sold prices, pictures, and descriptions of what’s sold! Email John at JohnPoltrock@gmail.com and join our SOLD Update!
Here are some interesting factoids that you should know about what real estate is doing:
- 16 Homes have went pending in the past 14 days (accepted contracts awaiting sale)
- 4 Pieces of Land went pending in the past 14 days
- 872 – The number of homes actively for sale in Cherokee County
- 2,347 – The number of land parcels actively for sale in Cherokee County
- 83 – Commercial properties for sale
- 238 – The average number of days it took to sell the homes (616 days is the longest!)
- $216,000 is the average sales price for homes (that sold in the past 14 days)
- 89.84% – The average list/sale ratio of the homes (Think $100,000 home sold for $89,840 on average)
- 359 – Days it took to sell land on average (913 is the longest!)
- 78.33% is the average list/sale ration for land
Real estate is seemingly re-invigorated with interest and people shopping – and it should be. There’s still a hard road ahead of us, and it is very important that you have your property properly positioned in the market. The best property in the world is not selling if it’s price too high. You’ve got to be competitive right now because those that are are selling.
If you would like for us to review your property and give you an update on how you are positioned, let us know! We’re here to work for you and get your property SOLD. We greatly appreciate your business and are working tirelessly for you. You can call us toll free at the office 1-877-837-3002 or email me at JohnPoltrock@gmail.com.
Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!!
Sincerely,John Poltrock The POLTROCK TEAM www.MyMurphy.com 1-877-837-3002