Chalets are a very popular style of homes in Murphy, NC real estate. They are the perfect styled home for capturing our renowned long range mountain views or just overlooking your estate in the woods.
According to Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary, a chalet is, “a Swiss dwelling with unconcealed structural members and a wide overhang at the front and sides.” According to Wikipedia, a chalet was originally referred to the hut of a herder. Well, things have certainly come a long way from the days of the herder to today’s first-class version.
There are several characteristics that make a chalet a chalet in Murphy:
- Large Fixed Pane Glass Windows in the Front
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Open Floor Plan with the living room/great room in the front
- A Large Loft, commonly where the master bedroom is
- Steep Pitched roof in the front with “bump outs” over the loft with a far less pitched roof in that section
- Covered porches on either side
- and you’ve really got to have a fireplace
Builders today are constantly adding their own unique twist and making each one just a little bit different. Truth is, a classic is simply a classic. Just like every home in any market, you can upgrade a chalet till you heart is content. It offers a lot of flexibility, so its a lot of fun to make it your own home.
If you are considering buying or building a chalet, here are a few considerations you should take into account:
- Chalets with a basement (finished or unfinished) sell much better and provide you with much more usable space. Walk-out basements are common.
- Be sure to plumb your basement and go ahead and upgrade your heat pump to handle the basement should you or someone else decide to finish it.
- Privacy is key in the loft. If you’ll be by yourself a lot, don’t worry about this part. If you entertain a lot and your master bedroom is in the loft, you won’t have any privacy. If you want your own privacy, upgrade a bit and get a larger chalet with a blocked off loft.
- Dual masters with a suite in the loft and a suite on the main level is a major plus.
- Make sure your great room is large enough. I’ve seen small great rooms devastate the sale of a home. When it doubt, add a bit of room.
Would you love to have your own Chalet in the Mountains of Murphy, North Carolina?
Then use our Murphy NC Dream Home Finder and see what’s available that fits your needs. Be sure to mention you love chalets! We have many opportunities for you!
You can even search the Murphy NC MLS of Homes for Sale directly from our website.
Do you own a chalet and want to sell it?
Then use our Home Worth form and let us do the work for you! We specialize in chalets and can put our expertise to work for you. We can share with you your home’s worth and our proactive marketing plan that will get your home sold.
John Poltrock, your Murphy NC Certified Residential Specialist – www.MyMurphy.com – JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call Toll Free (866) 687-7496 and demand The POLTROCK TEAM!!!