When it comes to selling a home in Murphy, NC, you’re selling one of your largest assets in life. It’s a big deal and should never be handled an amateur. Just like any profession, there are great Realtors and just plain bad ones. There are a few questions you can ask to help ensure you get the best possible, and here they are! Feel free to ask us these questions!
- How long have you been in real estate sales? You want someone with experience.
- Is it your full time job? I’ve never understood how someone can do real estate “part time” and do it well. You want a full-time professional!
- Would you trust this real estate agent with a suitcase full of cash? Whatever your home is worth, it’s like handing them a suitcase full of cash in that amount and saying “take care of this for me.” Do you feel like you can trust them with it? If not, you shouldn’t hire them.
- How many transactions did you sell last year personally? You want to know what that person did, not just their company. The average Realtor sells a mere 6 homes per year – you should want far better than that. An agent that sells less than a million dollars in real estate doesn’t sell much.
- How long will it take to sell my house? Every market is different and its important to have realistic expectations.
- How will you keep me informed about my transaction? Communication is imperative and if they don’t have a plan on how to keep you in the loop, they simply don’t have a plan period.
- Will I get Showing Feedback? It’s important to know what buyers and other agents are saying when your house is showed. The average agent doesn’t take the time to obtain it and that’s a mistake. If you don’t get feedback, how can you make your house more attractive?
- Has a client ever filed a complaint against you? It’s important to know this one. Even a great Realtor who has handled hundreds or even thousands of transactions is likely to have one or two. However, if there is a big history of complaints made against an agent, there’s probably a reason.
- Can I have references to past clients? Testimonials are important and past experiences can tell you a lot about an agent.
- What if I’m unhappy with your services? What kind of guarantee are you given?
- What sets you apart from other agents? Ask this one open ended – there’s a lot you can learn that you might not think to ask simply by using this question.
- Can you refer me to reliable service providers? During the process, you may need everything from cleaners to a handyman. You want to ensure your Realtor has a good referral network so you are well taken care of.
- Do you have an assistant or support staff? Support staff is extremely important. No one person can do everything and do it well. If your Realtor handles enough volume, they should have an assistant to help them and you.
Other considerations to ask yourself:
- Were they prepared for my appointment?
- Were they on time?
- Do I feel comfortable with them? Use your gut – it’s usually right.
Looking to sell your property? Call us! We’d love to help and share our experience with you so you have a good experience and get results.
The Poltrock Team – REMAX of Murphy NC – www.MyMurphy.com–JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call us Toll Free at 1-866-Murphy-NC or 1-866-687-7496 – Murphy’s #1 Real Estate Team