I found out about The Poltrock Team through their advertisements. I decided to work with them because of their advertising is so much aggressive than any other Realtors in Murphy! The Poltrock Team has great communication with timely responses! It is easy to discuss all aspects of the listing and selling process and the ease of the closing on my house in Murphy NC was great! Working with The Poltrock Team was a very positive experience.Pam Padgett Alabama
Internet has easily changed the world – no doubt about it. We receive our news online, pay bills online, read more email than snail mail, are tethered to our smart phones, and shop for more and more items online too. The Internet has no doubt changed the face of our lives – and it has certainly done the same for selling real estate here in Murphy, NC.
Traditionally, we as Realtors experience a “selling season.” From May through the first two weeks in December was busy and the rest of the year was “dead,” as so many retired real estate agents explain. I have been told by many when Christmas rolled around, you might as well take an extended vacation through April or May. This likely was because if someone from out of town wanted to purchase a home, they had no way to see what homes and land was available for sale. Because of that, they waited to travel till the weather was more favorable for them.
The dynamics have changed drastically. No longer is this old adage true. I most certainly attribute it to the Internet. Now, no matter the time of year or temperature, folks can sit in the comfort of their home and shop for homes and properties online. They can find a plethora pictures and virtually walk through a home almost as if they were here in person. Now, they can find a house they want to see and buy throughout the entire year and can easily jump in their vehicle to come see it.
We experience this “leveling” of the season first hand as sales during the “off months” continue to climb to higher levels. I was amazing just how busy and how many properties sold in January, February, March, and April. The fact is, people’s desire to purchase a home never changes in the time of year. Now, the Internet brings properties right to their home no matter where they are located in the world.
The Internet is a wonderful and powerful tool to sell real estate. No matter the time of year, if you want to sell your house, call today! The prior thoughts of “let’s wait till [Spring, Summer, Fall, etc.]” are no longer necessary. Call today and let The Poltrock Team get you the results you need. We’re happy to share our advertising strategy with you to show you how we get properties sold when others can’t. Don’t take our word for it – check out our Testimonials and find out directly from our customers.
When it comes to selling real estate in Murphy, NC, timing can certainly be a factor. As with any real estate market, we have a “busy season” and times that are historically not as busy. When putting your house for sale, it’s a great idea to capitalize on activity.
Why? August is historically a lull in new buyer activity. Folks are getting back into the “normal” swing of things now that summer is coming to a close. Kids are going back to school and a lot of parents and grandparents around the nation want to be there for it. It truly is a month when folks have many other things aside from real estate on their mind.
So how could it be a good time to put your house on the market? There are a few very good reasons.
1) Real estate advertising is a process. From the time you sign a listing agreement, your house is not instantaneously available for sale across all advertising venues. It takes time to process all the data, input it into all various systems, advertising partners, and for it to syndicate across the Internet. Magazines and other print media have certain due dates and publish dates that must be met, follow up systems have to be put into place, and so much more. It takes a lot of work and time to do so on the back end to get your home fully on the market. Because of that, you want to make sure your house is 100% in full effect when the “busy season” arrives.
2) Folks don’t stop shopping for homes. We may not have as many people in Murphy actively shopping for homes in August, yet people are most certainly still looking for homes online and other places. They’re making their “Must See” list for when they arrive and we certainly want your house on that list.
3) One of our busiest seasons is upon us and you want buyers to know of your house’s availability. Simple as it seems, if folks in the market to buy a house don’t know yours is available for sale, they can’t buy it. You want those with the ability to buy your house to know its for sale, dream about it, and want to come buy it. You could miss an opportunity by waiting to put your house on the market – and that’s never a good thing.
Long story short, August is a month you want to have your house for sale during. If it is not currently on the market for sale, you should want it available sooner than later. It’s our business to help folks sell and buy homes, and it would be a privilege to help sell yours.
Contact us today!
In the height of the real estate market, there were several flat rate and fee MLS listing companies that arose when you could slap a yard sign up on a house and it sell practically instantly. After all, who needed a Realtor? Real estate practically sold itself!
Times have changed and you can tell just by turning on the news that the real estate market has changed and shifted drastically. Often it leaves the average seller and spectator in the dark as to what’s happened. What’s my property worth? How long is it going to take to sell it? What advertising do I need to do to get my home or land sold? These are common questions that may go through your mind – along with countless others.
Flat rate and fee MLS services aren’t available in Murphy NC largely. Even if they were, they’re dangerous no matter where you are selling a home. Why? It’s easy to look strictly on the up front financial side of the net sheet and say you save yourself thousands of dollars by skipping on a Full Service Realtor. However, consider these thoughts:
- Advertising sells homes. You’ll never find a buyer, especially with remote locations in the mountains of Murphy NC, if folks don’t know your home is available for sale. With flat rate services, they don’t offer advertising other than the MLS. That’s only a very small portion of the equation. Expansive advertising, reputation, and a marketing plan with follow up is key. Also consider, do you have the time to put it in all the advertising venues your house deserves?
- Leads come from advertising. Leads are prospects who inquire about your home. Without advertising, you don’t get leads. Even in the off chance on comes from the MLS presence, who’s going to follow up on them? Without someone to return calls, show the home, answer questions, and close the purchase, you’ll never stand a chance of getting it done. A flat rate broker can’t do this.
- Legalities. Do you know what can protect you from getting sued by your prospective buyer? There are a lot of legal ramifications that can come back to haunt you if you don’t dot your I’s and cross your T’s. Do you know which ones to do? This is a huge implication and saving few bucks for a tens-of-thousands liability isn’t worth the gamble.
- Negotiations. Negotiations is a HUGE part of a real estate transaction. In fact, it’s probably one of the largest parts of it. Once a buyer is ready to purchase your home, let the negotiations begin! Price is always ones of the first items – the buyer wants the cheapest price and the seller wants the most money. It’s an age old story yet you want to make sure that it works out the best for you it can. Then, there are repair negotiations after the home inspection that can often destroy a transaction if not properly handled. It’s imperative to have experience, training, and a true advocate for your position. Otherwise, you’re liable to “give away the farm” when you don’t have to. How much would that cost you?
- Lender Negotiations. With many homeowners owing more on their home than it is worth in today’s marketplace, we often have to negotiate with lenders to find a way to get the home sold. This takes a high level of training and experience. Would you want to try to tackle a mortgage company or bank on your own?
- Pricing. Pricing a home is one of the most key elements to getting it sold. We all have preconceptions of what our home is worth, and understandably so! You’ve worked hard on it, perhaps raised a family in it, and it simply becomes a part of you. Mispricing a home happens a LOT and it’s important to make sure you “hit the nail on the head.” How many homes have you sold? What comparable sales did you use? Those are important and you won’t get any guidance from a flat fee broker – they don’t care if it sells or not because you just paid their full fee upfront. Hire someone who can guide you and show you a logical pricing strategy.
- Performance Based. As I mentioned above, a flat rate MLS system doesn’t care if you sell because they just made their fee… upfront. In my book, you just paid too much because they have no vested interest in you OR your home! A traditional Realtor has a vested interest in your home… just like you do. They have time and money in advertising, showing, enhancing, and doing all the things they do for you. Regardless of whether they charge 5% or 20%, you don’t pay them a dime till they’re successful! Now that’s how you get your real estate agent’s interests in line with yours… and certainly not through an upfront fee.
- Scams – some of these internet MLS sites I researched are straight money stealing schemes. They charge usually $500+ and it doesn’t go anywhere but their website. Some even claimed “MLS Exposure.” Their site has little traffic and it doesn’t go to the MLS that is used in the area of your property. If that’s not a ripoff, I don’t know what is.
- Time. Do you have the ability when a buyer prospect calls to drop what you’re doing and go show the house? In today’s world, jobs, children, distance from the property, and more can make it REALLY hard to this!
So don’t come out of your real estate sale looking like the broken piggy bank! Hire a professional, full time Realtor with your best interests in mind. Call The Poltrock Team in Murphy NC today and find out the difference! 🙂
The Poltrock Team – Murphy’s #1 Real Estate Team – REMAX of Murphy NC – www.MyMurphy.com – JohnPoltrock@gmail.com – Call us Toll Free at 1-866-Murphy-NC or 1-866-687-7496