I must admit that we absolutely LOVE Lake Hiwassee in Murphy NC, and the four marinas that service lake goers are an absolute asset. Mountain View Marina is located right in the heart of Bear Paw Resort. Even though its located within a gated resort, it’s open to the public. Just tell the guard at the gate you’re headed the marina.
Mountain View Marina is approximately 30 minutes from downtown Murphy and close to the Hiwassee Dam. Certainly don’t let the distance deter you! It’s the nicest, most modern marina on the lake. It offers many things like:
- Boat rentals of well maintained boats
- Boat slips for on-the-water storage. It is the only marina you can leave your boat on the water year around. All others end up on the bank as the lake is lowered.
- Boat lifts to keep your boat out of the water in your slip
- Gas (what good marina doesn’t have gas? 🙂 )
- A well stocked store with snacks, goodies, gear, ice cream, and everything you’ll need on the lake
- NC Fishing Licenses
- and lots more
You can call them at 828-644-5451 or visit their website at mountainviewmarina.com
We keep our boat there and have rented pontoon boats from them in the past. They always have great service, hospitality, and their boats are very nice. They even maintain a great site on Facebook and you can visit their website with more information at www.mountainviewmarina.com
Looking for real estate on the lake? Let The Poltrock Team help you! You can search all the Lakefront Homes and Homes in Bear Paw available here or let us do the work for you by using our dream home finder. See all the lakefront homes on Hiwassee and other surrounding lakes by clicking here. And don’t hesitate to call us on the phone! We’re here for YOU!
Here is a photo gallery of the marina in 2021. You can even see where they are adding additional slips.